All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Modifying Kholer command vtwin?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Budget_gokart
Established Member
Budget_gokart
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

Modifying Kholer command vtwin?  Empty
PostSubject: Modifying Kholer command vtwin?    Modifying Kholer command vtwin?  Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2024, 3:59 pm

So I am building an old cv18 command for a motorcycle project but I also work at a mower shop I'll post model numbers and part numbers for stuff that could help out with mower engine builds, Kholer has numerous parts from the factory that could be used to upgrade a performance build without spending out your butt on real performance parts.
Examples:
Oil cooler adapter
Headstuds
Bigger heads that are basically thrown away
Efi
2 barrel carb
One barrel carb with accelerator pump
Different valve covers
Interchangeable cranks between vertical and horizontal

I am currently in search of the one barrel with the accelerator pump to replace my basic one barrel updraft carb.
at work I'm slacking off making this post while working on a cv749-3064 EFI engine that has the headstuds and oil cooler and all the EFI junk.
In the scrap pile outside I have access to get a two barrel with a intake for a vertical shaft motor but my engine i am building is a horizontal so I might make an elbow to run that worst case scenario.
These engines leak no matter what it's a matter of when they are gonna do it not if they are. But I think if you wanna get real high tech and high performance these engines are a great platform. Personally on my off-road mowers I run a oppy and a vanny I have considered building a command but idk yet. Thanks for reading if you have anything to add please do I'd like to know as much as possible while building mine and sharing info
Modifying Kholer command vtwin?  Img_2147
Modifying Kholer command vtwin?  Img_2149
Modifying Kholer command vtwin?  Img_2148

Ifitaintbroke likes this post

Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
RichieRichOverdrive

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

Modifying Kholer command vtwin?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modifying Kholer command vtwin?    Modifying Kholer command vtwin?  Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2024, 6:05 pm

I like the commands a lot. The pumper carbs do make a serious difference vs the non pumper carbs. Several guys run the pumper carbs on oppys and gain a lot of power from it. A knockoff one can be had for about $40, they are sometimes DOA though. The carbs either factory or aftermarket like to pick up dirt and plug the emulsion tube though. Lot more susceptible to that nonsense than most other carbs.

Some of the vertical commands also had side draft carbs with accelerator pumps. Seems like you have to be over like 25hp for the engine to come with a pumper carb though.
Back to top Go down

Modifying Kholer command vtwin?
Page 1 of 1